UTSA’s Office of Global Initiatives (OGI) is carefully monitoring the cornoavirus outbreak in China and following the guidance provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC.) The Asian Festival will be following all recommendations by both the CDC and OGI at the event. Hand sanitization stations will be present throughout the festival grounds, and we encourage festival-goers to review the recommendations, which include:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water.
• Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer often.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze, then wash your hands immediately.
• Read the official statement here.
• Update, Jan. 30: UTSA continues to monitor coronavirus